The earliest instance that the WayBack Machine (web.archive.org/web/) has of this blog is from 1 June 2011, about a year after I started it. Not a big deal since you can see from the image to the right of by clicking the link to the archive page that the look hasn’t changed. I preview new themes now and again, but always end up leaving it as is. This layout/theme works for what I want to present.
Day Eight – My Blogging Toolkit
I have a fairly small, but effective toolbox:
- WordPress, which is the host for my blogs, and its associated mobile app. I have also used Blogger and its app.
- I rely heavily on Evernote, which I mentioned in a previous post in BookBlogWriMo. It’s a great tool for drafting up posts and jotting down ideas on the go.
- Adobe Photoshop for manipulating graphics, when I use them
- A number of writing prompt sites for inspiration:
- A couple other sites that are of use:
Day Nine – My Blogging Workflow
Workflow. Hmmm…that implies process. Of which I don’t really have one. The closest thing I have is “copy a post” from one I previously used to get a quick template for the new post. Sometimes I sit down and blast out a post in one sitting, but more often, I open a post multiple times, editing a bit here, adding a bit there, until I post it hours or days (or months) later.